Proof in the numbers
Thousands of professionals have worked with the University of Cincinnati to start, run and grow their businesses; forge partnerships; improve their R&D; and future-proof their workforce. The data speaks for itself.
- Currently, 11 top global companies partner with the 1819 Innovation Hub, from Microsoft to P&G to Kroger.
- Since its inception, 255 entrepreneurial teams have graduated from our Venture Lab pre-accelerator program.
- Through our Venture Lab, promising startups have yielded $122 million in total investments.
- Nearly 300 UC faculty, staff, students and alumni have become entrepreneurs.
- More than 400 businesses are members of the Goering Center for Family and Private Business, creating a vibrant learning community to help you achieve greater success.
- Through our Technology Transfer program, 444 technologies have been made available for development and partnership.
- Our expedited commercialization process has resulted in a 62% increase in filed patents, a 94% increase in issued patents and a 109% increase in licensing deals over the last four fiscal years, as compared to the previous four.
- Inside our Ground Floor Makerspace, 2,137 individuals have completed certification programs, developing skills to support various career pathways.
- Our makerspace features 12,000 square feet of prototyping and fabrication space.
- The collaborative workspace houses $1.2 million in equipment, including 3D printers, laser cutters, woodworking and soldering stations.
- We're the only prototyping facility with direct access into the UC Venture Lab, which helps entrepreneurs from idea conception to startup launch.
- Through the IT Solutions Center, 38 organizations have found reliable and affordable solutions for every need from augmented reality to cybersecurity.
- Each year, 2,500 partner companies enrich their labor force with cooperative education students.
- Our co-op program makes around 7,500 placements annually, with students earning a collective $75 million each year.