Welcome to the UC Ground Floor Makerspace, the most advanced makerspace in the region. Our mission is to empower creative problem solvers by providing training, access to equipment, and resources from ideation to creation.
The Ground Floor Makerspace is a space for research, exploration and creation of new ideas, objects and products. We support making of all kinds, including
- industry partnerships
- personal and creative projects
- engagement with maker-oriented student groups
We offer access to tools and training, expert-led experiences in making, and opportunities for students and partners to engage in rapid ideation and prototyping.
Need more information? Read our frequently asked questions.
At a glance
- Purpose built: 12,000 square feet of prototyping and fabrication space housing equipment spanning basic hand tools to advanced manufacturing.
- Expert staff: A highly skilled team dedicated to supporting member onboarding and services; equipment training; and programs, workshops and events.
- Open platform: Engaging students in design and prototype sprints, interdisciplinary capstone builds and experiments in non-sensitive IP development.
- Direct pipeline: The only local makerspace with direct access into the UC Venture Lab, which helps entrepreneurs from idea conception to startup launch.
The UC Ground Floor Makerspace is open to innovators of all ages. Our collaborative workspace is equipped with 3D printers, laser cutters, woodworking, soldering stations and various other tools for prototyping and fabrication.
To activate your membership, login to our member portal using your UC credentials. From here you can access our orientation, consent to our user agreement and explore the opportunities available to you as a member of the UC community.